Name Change

Name Change forms are available at Michigan State Court Administrative Office website.


You may submit your completed petition to the Washtenaw Trial Court - Court Services office, located at the Washtenaw Trial Court Courthouse, via e-filing, in person or by mail. 

The hours for Court Services are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. When you are ready to schedule a hearing, you will need to complete a Zoom Notice of Motion Hearing (PDF) form.

Learn More

Additional information regarding name changes can be obtained on the Michigan Legal Help Website.