How to Apply
- Find the specific job that you want to apply for.
- Apply online by selecting the title of the position you are interested in. This will bring up the complete job posting for the particular position. On that page, there is a blue link that states "Apply for This Position Online."
- Select the blue link and the online job application will open up for you so that you can fill out your information. Have your reference information and phone numbers ready!
- When you are finished, please be sure that the "Finish" or "Submit" button on the last page of the application is selected so that your application will immediately go to our Recruitment and Hiring Manager for review. At that point, you will get a statement on the screen that says "Thank you for applying to Washtenaw County Government."
In the event you cannot apply online, please download the application (PDF) and send to Human Resources or fax it to us at 734-222-6775 before the stated deadline. You can also apply in person at our office. Timely submittal is important so please allow for mail time before deadline.
Avoid the Old Thumbs Down
- Do not type "see resume" on the application as this will void your application. Type in details of your work experience on the application.
- Make sure that you provide the information requested as you are competing with over 10,000 applications each year.
- Read our website so that you know as much as possible about Washtenaw County and our Guiding Principles.
- Make sure that you check the posting for test requirements and take the tests prior to the filing deadline.
Job Posting Schedule
New jobs are posted online every Monday. If Monday is a holiday, the posting date will be Tuesday.
NOTE: Testing is currently being done by appointment online.
Contact Abid in Human Resources at 973-4590 to schedule.
- Clerical and Support positions require two tests. The cognitive skills and typing tests which must be completed before the filing deadline. Some positions require a Data Entry test. Check the posting for test requirements.
- Questions about testing? Contact Human Resources at 734-973-4590.