Court records are public unless restricted by Statute, Court Rule, or Local Administrative Order. Trial Court records may be viewed at the main office of Clerk of the Court-Court Services.
Requests to obtain copies of court documents may be made in person, by mail, or over the phone.
In person at the Court Services Office:
- Small Requests: up to 30 pages are completed while you wait
- Large Requests: over 30 pages are completed within 10 days
By mail-requests should include the following and are processed within 10 days. Please fill out completely and mail in the Trial Court Records Request Form (PDF) along with:
- Self-addressed stamped envelope
- Check-made out to “Washtenaw County Trial Court” with amount to be filled in
Over the phone with credit card payment - requests must include the following:
- Case number (if not known, please follow the above instructions for a Name search)
- Name of parties
- Document requested and date listed on case Register of Actions
- Whether it needs to be certified
- Normal: $2 per page
- Certified: $10 plus $1 per page
- Exemplified: $10 plus $1 per page
Persons seeking to purchase a copy of an electronic record of court proceedings (DVD or Flash Drive) should complete the court’s Request for Audio / Visual Recording form (PDF) and provide all required information in identifying the specific proceedings requested.
Upon request and payment in full, copies will be completed and mailed, or available for pickup, within five (5) business days.
The form can be found on the following page: Transcripts
For any questions, please contact the Records Department at 734-222-3024. The Records Department, located on the first floor of the Washtenaw County Trial Court, is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please note that Court Staff are unable to provide any case information over the phone.