If a 10% bond is posted, the court will retain 10% of the posted amount. The bond is released to the bonder at completion of the case, or earlier, if ordered by judge. Bond can be posted in either the incarcerated individual's name (if allowing incarcerated individual to use bond towards fine/costs) or the bonder's name. Bond, less 10%, will be returned to the bonder or incarcerated individual depending on who's name the bond was posted in.
Bond in Bonder's Name
If the 10% bond is placed in the bonder's name, the refund check is sent by the court to the bonder once the court case is completed. However, if the incarcerated individual fails to appear at the court hearing, the bond is forfeited and the bonder is responsible for the total bond.
Bond in Incarcerated Individual's Name
If the 10% bond is placed in the incarcerated individual's name, the refund check is sent by the court to the incarcerated individual once the court case is completed. However, if the incarcerated individual fails to appear at the court hearing, the bond is forfeited and the incarcerated individual is responsible for the total bond.
Used for Commissary Funds
If any portion of the incarcerated individual's commissary funds are used to pay for any amount of the bond, the bond is automatically placed in the their name.
Other than 10% bonds, all other bonds are placed in the incarcerated individual's name.
- During the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., all bonds are paid at the respective court.
- Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office ITR will take bonds Monday - Friday 4:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. On weekends and holidays' the ITR will take bonds 24/7. Bond paperwork completed by our staff will include the name the bonder wants the bond to be placed in (bonder or incarcerated individual).
- Master Card, Visa and Discover only!
- No Master or Visa Debit Cards with pin numbers will be accepted.
- Money orders and cashier's checks are acceptable and are to be made payable to the incarcerated individual and /or Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office.
- No personal checks.