What is Video Visitation?
- Video Visitation is a fully automated incarcerated individual visitation system at the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office.
- Incarcerated individual's visit with family and friends through a video terminal similar to a webcam and computer.
- Visitors are able to schedule visits online through any web connection.
- Visitors may utilize the front lobby visiting booths for onsite visits.
- Visitors may also utilize their personal Android or Apple smartphones or tablets. Computers and laptops with webcams may also be used, you only need internet access.
- Visiting hours are more flexible than traditional visiting.
Video Visitation Details (Revised for COVID-19 Precautions)
Please read the full list of Video Visitation details prior to scheduling or attending your visit.
In the wake of COVID-19 the following restrictions have recently been implemented to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, and to promote the standard of social distancing while visiting your family and friends.
- Only one (1) friend or one (1) family member, with or without one (1) child, can attend a visit at one time, multiple visitors will not be permitted.
- Only six visitation monitors will be open during visitation hours to promote social distancing.
- All monitors have been spaced six feet apart to promote social distancing.
- A protective face mask will be provided for you upon entering the main lobby and must be worn throughout the visit.
Family and friends coordinate to decide who will visit for the inmate’s weekly visit.
- One (1) person must register online with the visitation system in order to schedule visits. You cannot schedule a visit until you register with the system.
- Once registered, the person wishing to visit will be allowed to schedule the weekly visit during any available period identified during the scheduling process. The person scheduling must include the one (1) person who will be attending the weekly visit, only that person listed we be permitted to attend the visit, no additional visitors will be able to attend for that scheduled visit. Remember, once this visit is scheduled, no one else will be able to schedule another visit for that week.
- Once your visit is scheduled, please report to the Sheriff’s Office lobby 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled visiting time. Please check in with the Visitation Officer.
- If an email is provided at registration, you will be notified of cancellations via email.
- After your visit, you may use the equipment in the lobby to schedule your visit for the next week.