Law Office Toolkit
Our Civil Bureau staff specialize in the safe, efficient and legal service of court documents. The Special Deputy Sheriffs that work as Process Servers for the WCSO Civil Bureau include former law enforcement officers with over 170 years combined experience. Cases are addressed on a first come, first serve basis. We deliver documents in a timely manner, usually within a day or two of the receipt date from the court. If an emergency situation arises which requires documents to be served immediately, an expedited service is available for an additional fee.
How You Benefit
- Experience in the safe, timely service of process and the proper handling of court documents.
- Knowledge of civil process statutes and rules, local courts and the community.
- Credibility in the community. Individuals being served usually respond more cooperatively to trained Special Deputy Sheriffs.
To Have the Documents Served
- Either bring, mail, or have the court forward the documents to the:
Sheriff's Office Civil Bureau
2201 Hogback Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- The Civil Bureau will assign the documents to a Special Deputy the same day they are received from the court.
- Once the service is complete, the Special Deputy will return the Proof of Service to the court and mail you a copy.
- Invoices are mailed upon completion of service to established accounts and payment is due upon receipt. Out-of-state law offices and agencies must pre-pay by check or credit card.
Washtenaw County Jail Detainees
We serve individuals who are being detained in the:
Washtenaw County Jail
Ann Arbor, MI
You can browse through a list of fees. Please call the Civil Bureau at 734-973-4937 for a detailed price quote.
Foreclosure Sales & Adjournments
The Sheriff's Office conducts Washtenaw County Foreclosure Sales every Thursday at 10 a.m. in the:
Downtown Court House
101 East Huron
Ann Arbor, MI
A sign in the lobby directs attendees to the correct court room. Adjournments are posted for one week in the Downtown Court House lobby.
To ensure that your sale documents are in the proper order, we recommend that you contact the Detroit Legal News Publishing at 248-577-6100. They are a reputable resource, excellent at organizing and forwarding documents to the Sheriff's Office.
For more information, please see our Foreclosure Sales and Adjournments page.
The Washtenaw County Civil Bureau specializes in property seizures. We offer an ongoing weekly and monthly collection process until the debt is settled.