The Michigan Public Health Code sets limits for levels of bacteria at bathing beaches open to the public. If the levels detected during monitoring exceed these limits, the risk of illness increases. Beaches are closed if deemed unsafe to public health.
Public Beach Water Testing Results
View public beach water testing results.
Public Beaches in Washtenaw County
- Pinckney Recreation Area:
- Bruin Lake Beach, Lyndon Township
- Half Moon Lake Beach, Dexter Township
- Silver Lake Beach, Dexter Township
- Waterloo Recreation Area:
- Sugarloaf Lake Beach, Lyndon Township
- Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation:
- Independence Lake, Webster Township
Washtenaw County Environmental Health does not routinely sample water bodies located on private property. If you are wondering if the pond or lake on your private property or in your subdivision is safe for swimming, or if you want to know how best to sample the water, please see our fact sheet: Is my pond or lake safe for swimming? (PDF)
For more information on bathing beach or surface water quality, please contact the Washtenaw County Environmental Health Division at 734-222-3800.