Volunteer in an Emergency
Starting February 9, 2021 we will no longer be accepting new volunteer applications.
We are very grateful to everyone looking to volunteer with us! Thank you for all of your support.
- If you have registered with the MI Volunteer Registry as of February 8, 2021 then you can complete steps 2-3 under the MI Volunteer Registry option on this page. We will only follow up with people that have a registry profile dated 2/8/21 or earlier. The MRC is no longer excepting volunteer applications. All MRC application materials needed to be submitted by February 9, 2021 to be considered.
- If our volunteer needs change then we may start accepting applications again. Please check this page for updates.
- The MI Volunteer Registry: This process will allow medical and non-medical volunteers to help at vaccination clinics.
- The Washtenaw County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC): Joining the MRC allows medical and non-medical volunteers to help in more ways (including at vaccination clinics, testing events and other pandemic response efforts). Note joining the MRC also requires signing up for the MI Volunteer Registry.
MI Volunteer Registry option:
If you have registered with the MI Volunteer Registry as of February 8, 2021 then you can complete steps 2-3. We will only follow up with people that have a registry profile dated 2/8/21 or earlier.
- Sign up at MI Volunteer Registry. This system provides license and background checks, as well as tracks essential information we may need in a response.
- To register, press the red “Register Now” button on the right-hand side of the webpage.
- Then click the “Add Organizations” link (it has the orange plus next to it).
- Next click the plus sign to the left of “County Affiliation” to see the names of the counties.
- Select the box next to Washtenaw County so a checkmark appears in the box.
- Then press “Select” in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Complete the remaining fields. Your profile must be 100% complete in order to advance to the approval stage.
- If you have questions regarding the Registry, there is a “Registry FAQ” tab on the left-hand side of the webpage.
- When your registration and profile are complete and your background check has cleared, you will receive an email from the MI Volunteer Registry that your registration has been approved. Your confirmation email may take up to 10 days. Once approved, forward your approval email to Ariane Donnelly, the Vaccine Clinic Volunteer Coordinator. If you have already been approved and no longer have your approval email, email Ariane.
- Ariane will then follow-up with more information about volunteering, including a Volunteer Services Agreement and Confidentiality Policy that will need to be signed. Upon completion of these items, Ariane will follow-up with scheduling information. Contact Ariane with questions about this process.
Washtenaw County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) option:
The MRC is no longer excepting volunteer applications. This group is for medical and non-medical volunteers. MRC members can volunteer in multiple ways throughout the pandemic response, including:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics
- COVID-19 Testing Events
- PPE/Cleaning supply distributions
- provide additional opportunities thereafter
For more details see the Washtenaw County MRC Membership Requirements page.
Questions about Volunteering?
Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about volunteering with the Washtenaw County Health Department (WCHD) during the pandemic.