Disease Reporting

Who Should Report

  • Physicians
  • Labs
  • Infection control practitioners
  • Schools
  • Child care centers
  • Other care providers

Which Diseases Are Reportable

Disease Reporting Forms

School Report Forms

Schools and childcare settings are required to report cases and outbreaks of communicable diseases to the Health Department. Please use these forms for reporting:

See more on school health here

Long-Term Care Facilities Reporting Forms

Foodborne Illness Reporting

If you believe you have gotten sick from food you ate at a grocery store or restaurant in Washtenaw County, please go to the Environmental Health site for information on how to report.

HIPAA Guidance Regarding Disease Reporting

Communicable disease reporting is exempt from HIPAA regulations. Health care providers do not need patient consent to report diseases to the health department. Find more information about HIPAA Guidance Regarding Disease Reporting (PDF).