Drain Use Permits
Crossing, modifying, or discharging to a county drain - or any work within a county drain easement - requires a permit from the Washtenaw County Water Resources Commissioner.
How to Apply
- A drain use permit application. Each tap or crossing needs its own permit.
- Plans showing the proposed crossing, modification, or discharge
- Appropriate fees to our office for review.
- is required if you seek to discharge to a county drain.
- A Designated Agent Form will be required if you are not the property owner.
After you Apply
We understand the drain use permitting process for construction projects can be overwhelming. We are here to help!
We can assist you by answering your questions, finding the information to complete your application, or obtaining aerial images for your site plan.
Call us M-F 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM at 734-222-6860 for assistance.