Drain Use Permits

Crossing, modifying, discharging to a county drain or any work within a county drain easement requires a permit from the Washtenaw County Water Resources Commissioner. Please contact the Washtenaw County Water Resources Commissioner's office for a Drain Use Permit Application (PDF) at 734-222-6860.


Please include plans and fees (PDF) with the permit application. Permits from other agencies may also be necessary. If you are seeking to discharge to a County Drain, you will also need to submit an Affidavit of Pollution Prevention and Environmental Protection (PDF).

If you are working on behalf of the property owner a Designated Agent Form will be required. 

Plans showing the proposed crossing, modification or discharge must be submitted along with a permit application, applicable permit fee, and fees for review plus inspections.