Report a patient safety concern

Any consumer/employee who has concerns about the safety or quality of care provided by Washtenaw County Community Mental Health may report these concerns to the Joint Commission.

How do you file a concern?

OnlineSubmit a patient safety concern at and click on the “Report a Patient Safety Event." You may also choose to use this direct link to the reporting form:
Email[email protected]
FaxOffice of Quality and Patient Safety
(630) 792-5636
MailOffice of Quality and Patient Safety
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

What information do you need to include?

  • The name and address of the organization.
  • Tell The Joint Commission about your concern in one or two pages.
  • Give your name, address or e-mail address if you would like follow-up information sent to you.

What happens to your incident?

  • The Joint Commission checks for other patient safety events about the organization.
  • The Joint Commission may write to the organization about your concern.
  • Sometimes, The Joint Commission visits the organization to see if there is a problem in meeting the requirements that deal with your concern.
  • The Joint Commission will not share your name with the organization unless you say it is OK

What can you do about concerns that The Joint Commission cannot help with?

  • You may want to talk to the organization about your concern.
  • Your state’s department of health may be able to help.