All Lifeguarding courses align with the American Red Cross program. These courses are designed by industry-leading standards that will provide participants information on how to help others stay safe in, on, or around water. Gain knowledge & demonstrate lifeguarding skills, emergency procedures, become comfortable with water rescue drills, conducting CPR and using an AED, performing first aid and learning how to work with a team.
- Lifeguarding Certifications are valid for 2 years upon completion of the course
- It is the participant's responsibility to keep certification current
- If you have any questions or issues with your certification please contact the American Red Cross Support Center at 1-(800)-733-2767
Full Course: $200
Prerequisites for course (students must complete these skills on the first day of the course in order to continue)
- Applicants must be 15 years old by the last day of class
- Swim 300 yards continuously without stopping (swim either freestyle/front crawl and/or breaststroke)
- Tread water for 2 minutes only using legs
- Complete a timed brick test in 1 minute and 40 seconds or less.
Participants will start at the shallow end of the pool, swim 20 yards, perform a feet-first or head-first surface dive 7-10 feet under water and grab a 10-pound brick, return to the surface and swim on their back towards the shallow end for 20 yards while using both hands to hold onto the brick)
Re-certification Course: $100
These courses are designed to review each participants knowledge and skills, while providing the most up-to-date practices. Participants must have a valid Lifeguarding certification to register.
*If certification requirements are not met, no refunds will be issued.
Registration is currently only open to Rolling Hills applicants. General public registration opens February 24th, 2023.