Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
More COVID-19 information
Service updates: At the Health Department, we continue to focus most of our attention on COVID-19. Clinical and Environmental Health services will be by appointment only, and we will continue to respond to COVID questions and concerns. For questions, please contact [email protected] or 734-544-6700.
- For clinical services, animal bites, immunization waivers or COVID questions, call 734-544-6700 or email
- For WIC, call 734-544-6800 or email
- Hearing and vision screenings will be available starting June 1, 2021. To schedule, call 734-544-6887 and leave a message
- For the Washtenaw Health Plan, call 544-3030 or email
- For Environmental Health, call 734-222-3800 or email
There is evidence of community spread locally. Residents can assume the virus may be present when they are in public places in the community. Everyone should be using all recommended prevention measures when out in public or gathering with others not living in the same house (face coverings, distance, hand cleaning).
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) no longer requires quarantine for those returning from international travel, but it is strongly recommended. See the CDC travel pages for more. Also, see Washtenaw County Health Department's Returning from Travel: COVID Recommendations.
We’re relying on our community to work together to slow the potential spread of illness and refer to official sources of reliable information.
Michigan Executive Orders & Helpful Links
REMEMBER: Discrimination harms public health. We know viruses do not discriminate based on location, race, ethnicity, or national origin. However, viruses like COVID-19 can highlight health disparities that are deeply rooted in our society. Let’s fight this public health concern with compassion and science, not fear and discrimination.