Schools & Childcare
UPDATED Dec 21
Information for Parents & Guardians
- WCHD Quarantine and Isolation Webinar for Parents and Guardians
- COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation FAQs for Parents or Guardians
School & Childcare Reporting Information
Use this secure form to report confirmed cases of COVID-19 connected to your school. Download the reference document below as a pdf: School/Childcare Reporting Flowchart for a Confirmed COVID-19 Case.
- Schools should provide WCHD with parent/guardian contact information when reporting. Please do not send us contact information for any minors.
- Please note that a close contact is generally defined as someone who had face-to-face contact with an infected person within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes. There may be exceptions to this criteria in certain cases where the risk of transmission is higher (e.g. contact during high impact sports).
Meetings with Area Schools
Washtenaw County Health Department is meeting weekly with key staff from area schools. For more, information, please contact us.
- Guidelines for Safe Child Care Operations During COVID-19 - guidance from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- Child Care and Licensing Information - Child care information for licensed facilities and families from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- Coronavirus childcare provider resources from the State of Michigan
- Frequently Asked Questions about childcare operations from the State of Michigan