Schools, Childcare, Sports & Camps
Updated June 2, 2022
This page contains information and links for reporting COVID-19 positive cases for your school, child care facility, athletic team or group, or camp. It also provides guidance for safer operations. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Washtenaw County Health Department at [email protected] or 734-544-6700.
Reporting COVID-19 Cases
Camps and schools are required to report positive COVID-19 cases to us.
Please use the following form to report positive COVID-19 cases connected to a school, childcare facility, camp, sports team, or other group: https://bit.ly/reportcovidcase
- Please provide parent/guardian contact information when reporting. Please do not send us contact information for any minors.
Information for Parents & Guardians
- COVID-19 testing sites
- COVID-19 vaccine information
- Tips for Testing Children for COVID-19 At Home
- COVID-19 information in multiple languages
Child Care Information
- WCHD Summary of K-12 School Guidance - includes information for preschools and childcare settings
- Guidelines for Safe Child Care Operations During COVID-19 - Requirements and recommendations from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, updated 3/11/22
- COVID-19 Guidance for Operating Early Care and Education/Child Care Programs - Guidance from the CDC. Note that the CDC’s COVID-19 Community Levels recommendations align precautions for educational and childcare settings with those for other community settings.
- Child Care Licensing Bureau - Child care information for licensed facilities and families from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- WCHD has partnered with the CDC, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), University of Massachusetts, and CareEvolution to offer a Test-to-Stay pilot program in selected Washtenaw County daycare centers. Test-to-Stay in daycare settings is a practice consisting of contact tracing and serial COVID-19 testing to allow an exposed child to continue attending daycare. We are working to expand this pilot project to other daycare centers. If you are a daycare center interested in offering Test-to-Stay, please contact [email protected] with questions.
- Guidelines for Camp Operations During COVID-19 - Requirements and recommendations from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, updated 3/16/22
- COVID-19 tests for Summer Camps - The state of Michigan is providing free COVID-19 testing supplies to summer camps for summer 2022! Review this document for details on ordering tests, reporting results, and associated requirements. Also see the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waiver FAQ.
- Camps are advised to follow K-12 school isolation and quarantine guidance for positive and exposed campers and staff.
- Contact us at [email protected] or 734-544-6700 if you need additional guidance or help with a COVID-19 case. Also, connect with your licensing consultant, if applicable, for any specific requirements.
- Camp Licensing - Information for licensed camps from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- For questions or cases affiliated with the University of Michigan camps, please contact UM Environment, Health and Safety at [email protected] or 734-647-1143.