Washtenaw County COVID-19 Data
Updated: November 17, 10:00 am
This page is updated once a week on Fridays. Due to the upcoming holiday, the next update will be on December 1, 2023.
The source for all Washtenaw County COVID data on this webpage (except where noted) is the Michigan Disease Surveillance System (MDSS). The data in these charts are provisional and subject to change. Use care interpreting. See the bottom of this page for additional data interpretation notes.
If you are viewing this page on a mobile device, it is best viewed in horizontal or landscape mode.
|Total cases||Total hospitalizations||% cases hospitalized||% cases admitted
|Confirmed and Probable Cases||115566||4827||4%||0.5%||695|
|Age Group||% of cases||% of hospitalized||% of deaths|
|0 - 17 years||10%||2%||0%|
|18 - 24 years||15%||1%||2%|
|25 - 39 years||20%||6%||0%|
|40 - 49 years||11%||4%||2%|
|50 - 59 years||12%||7%||6%|
|60 - 69 years||12%||17%||23%|
|70 - 79 years||12%||27%||19%|
|Sex||% of cases||% of hospitalized||% of deaths|
|Racial or Ethnic Group||% of cases||% of hospitalized||% of deaths||% of county population|
|Am. Indian or Alaska Native||0.6%||0.6%||2%||0.4%|
|Black or African American||13%||15%||9%||12%|
|Native Hawaiian or Pac. Islander||0.2%||0.2%||0%||0.1%|
|Hispanic or Latino (all races)||4%||3%||0%||5%|
The following materials show data from earlier in the COVID-19 pandemic:
- First year of COVID-19 (3/1/20 to 2/27/21): Cases, Hospitalizations, Deaths, and Case, Hospitalization, and Death Demographic Tables
- Second year of COVID-19 (2/28/21 to 2/26/22): Cases, Hospitalizations, Deaths, and Case, Hospitalization, and Death Demographic Tables
- Third year of COVID-19 (2/27/22 to 2/25/23): Cases, Hospitalizations, Deaths and Case, Hospitalization, and Death Demographic Tables
The following materials are no longer being updated:
- Two-week snapshots (9/17/20 to 4/26/23)
- Monthly COVID-19 Case Rates in Washtenaw Residents by Zip Code (7/7/22 to 4/5/23)
- COVID-19 Case Rates in Washtenaw Residents by Zip Code since March 2020 (8/19/22 to 4/7/23)
- COVID Vaccine Status of Washtenaw County Residents with COVID-related Hospitalization (by month of admission) (3/1/21 to 7/28/22) - The contributing and protective factors for severe illness and hospitalization for COVID at this point in the pandemic are more complex and not represented well in these data. For example, many “primary series + booster” hospitalizations have occurred in people who are more than six months out from a booster and are not considered up-to-date on vaccines. In addition, “up-to-date” status for vaccination continues to change as we respond to the shifting nature of the pandemic.
- Positive Confirmed COVID-19 Test Results per Day in Washtenaw County Residents (as of 7/28/22)
- Confirmed and Probable COVID-19 cases in Washtenaw County Residents (by symptom onset date) (as of 7/28/22) - Please see the New Confirmed COVID-19 Cases by Symptom Onset Week Graph on this page.
- COVID-19 Data Mapped by Census Tract
Data Interpretation Notes
- Information in these charts is provisional and subject to change. Use care interpreting charts and tables.
- Total cases include: Outpatient, Hospitalized, Deceased, and Recovered individuals.
- Confirmed cases: Individuals who have a PCR positive lab result for COVID-19.
- Probable cases: Individuals with a positive rapid antigen test conducted in a healthcare setting and no confirmatory testing (PCR or nucleic acid test). A person may also be classified as a probable case if they are a close contact to a case and have symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Individuals with a positive home antigen test who are symptomatic or linked to another positive case would also be a probable case of COVID (note that most home antigen tests are not reported to public health).
- Students: College students living locally are included in Washtenaw County case counts.
- Wastewater samples are being monitored to track the presence of COVID-19 in our community. To see local trends, we recommend using the University of Michigan Wastewater Dashboard. CDC also has a wastewater tracker, but data may be limited or less frequently updated than the UM site. Read more about COVID-19 wastewater surveillance in Michigan here.
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor campus COVID-19 data
- Washtenaw County Jail COVID-19 Dashboard
- State of Michigan COVID-19 data (updated weekly on Tuesdays). You can also see data and modeling updates from the state here.
- MI Safe Start Map
- United States COVID-19 case count