Current Court Operations - Effective 10/28/2020
The Courthouse is closed to the public except by appointment.
To schedule an appointment, please click here.
Friend of the Court support staff may be reached at (734) 222-3255
Child Support Payment Options (click here)
Court Services support staff may be reached at (734) 222-3001
Filings should be submitted to the court in the follow manner:
Civil, Domestic and Name Changes - Mandatory e-filing for attorneys. Self-represented litigants may e-file, mail or email filings to [email protected]enaw.org
PPOs - Emailed to [email protected]
Criminal, Juvenile, Probate, Mental Health and Appeals - Emailed to [email protected] (or by mail)
FOC filings - Emailed to [email protected] (or by mail)
Drop Box - Located at the front door for filing any documents not required to be e-filed by attorneys
- To schedule a motion hearing, contact the court for a date and complete the Zoom Notice of Motion Hearing Form. Once accepted by the Court, the filer will receive the completed form with the Zoom meeting ID.
- Zoom Hearing Instructions
- Judge Conlin - Please click here for specific instructions for Judge Conlin’s dockets
- Judge O'Brien - For Domestic Motions, parties are required to speak prior to your Zoom Hearing to see if you can reach a resolution before your case is called. Parties should check in 20 minutes prior to their Zoom hearing.
- Criminal Dockets for all in-custody and a selection of out-of-custody criminal cases are live streamed M-F @ 1:30 pm via YouTube. Please click "Live Stream"
- Case evaluations will be held via Zoom. Attorneys will receive Zoom meeting ID prior to evaluation date.
- Summaries and fees are to be mailed to the Trial Court.
Personal Protection Orders
- Petitions for and proposed Personal Protection Orders should be emailed to [email protected]. Forms are also available in the front entrance of the courthouse at 101 E. Huron St. (Monday thru Friday from 8 am until 4:30 pm). There is a drop box at the entrance near security for all completed PPO Petitions and proposed Personal Protection Orders for routing to the Judge. Forms for personal protection petitions and orders can also be found on the SCAO’s website PPO Forms Link
- Please take a moment to view the following videos created by the Honorable Patrick Conlin for instructions regarding Personal Protection Orders and Family Law Issues
- Intro - Family Division Washtenaw County Trial Court, Judge Patrick Conlin
- Dealing with Emergency Matters in the Washtenaw County Family Court
- How to Process Petitions for Personal Protection Orders
- What to do if your Personal Protection Order is set to expire during Emergency Court Closure
- Violation of Personal Protection Order - What to do?
New Attorney Swear-In
- The Washtenaw County Trial Court has scheduled attorney swear-in Zoom ceremonies:
- Wednesday, May 5th at 9:00 AM - Conducted by Judge Julia Owdziej (Registration Closed)
- Wednesday, May 12th at 9:00 AM - Conducted by Judge Julia Owdziej
- Registration Required, Zoom information to be provided to registered participants only. Please register by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject "Zoom Swear-In".
- There is a drop box for filing documents from 8:00am - 4:30pm at the courthouse. Attorneys should not place filings for cases with mandatory e-filing in the drop box. They must be e-filed.
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Washtenaw County Trial Court is required to limit access to the courtrooms and is conducting some hearings remotely. Any member of the public may request and obtain a copy of public hearing videos by emailing [email protected]. Please put in the subject line - "Video Recording Request" and include the case number and date of the hearing.