Current Court Operations
The Trial Court building is currently open.
You can complete most of your Trial Court business electronically or by phone.
The public is encouraged to use alternative methods to complete business to limit traffic in the building.
Friend of the Court support staff may be reached at (734) 222-3050
Child Support Payment Options (click here)
Court Services support staff may be reached at (734) 222-3001
Filings may be submitted to the court in the follow manner:
Civil, Domestic and Name Changes - Mandatory e-filing for attorneys. Self-represented litigants may e-file, mail or email filings to [email protected]
PPOs - Emailed to [email protected]
Juvenile, Probate and Mental Health - Emailed to [email protected] (or by mail)
Criminal and Appeals - Emailed to [email protected] (or by mail)
FOC filings - Emailed to [email protected] (or by mail)
Drop Box - Located at the front door for filing any documents not required to be e-filed by attorneys
In person - All filings may be submitted in-person at the service counters (Masks Required)
- To schedule a motion hearing, contact the court for a date and complete the Zoom Notice of Motion Hearing Form. Once accepted by the Court, the filer will receive the completed form with the Zoom meeting ID.
- Zoom Hearing Instructions
- Judge Conlin - Please click here for specific instructions for Judge Conlin’s dockets
- Judge O'Brien - For Domestic Motions, unless there is a personal protection or other no contact order, the parties or their attorneys are required to speak prior to the Zoom hearing to see if a resolution can be reached before the case is called. Parties should check in 15 minutes prior to their Zoom hearing.
- Criminal Dockets for all in-custody and a selection of out-of-custody criminal cases are live streamed M-F @ 1:30 pm via YouTube. Please click "Live Stream"
- Case evaluations will be held via Zoom. Attorneys will receive Zoom meeting ID prior to evaluation date.
- Summaries and fees are to be mailed to the Trial Court.
Personal Protection Orders
- Petitions for and proposed Personal Protection Orders may be emailed to [email protected]. Forms are also available in the front entrance of the courthouse at 101 E. Huron St. (Monday thru Friday from 8 am until 4:30 pm). There is a drop box at the entrance near security for all completed PPO Petitions and proposed Personal Protection Orders for routing to the Judge. Forms for personal protection petitions and orders can also be found on the SCAO’s website PPO Forms Link