- Your Government
- Agendas & Minutes
- Virtual Meeting Instructions
Virtual Meeting Instructions
To View the Live Meeting
To view the live meeting please view here.
Raise Your Hand for Citizen Participation
To participate in the citizen participation portion of the live meeting you will need to join the Zoom meeting either through joining online or by dialing 1-312-626-6799, then enter Webinar ID 820 7250 8586. Password 491940.
To raise your hand to participate online:
- Click Raise Hand in the Webinar Controls.
- The host will be notified that you’ve raised your hand.
- Click Lower Hand to lower it if needed.
- Windows: You can also use the Alt+Y keyboard shortcut to raise or lower your hand.
- Mac: You can also use the Option+Y keyboard shortcut to raise or lower your hand
To raise your hand if you dialed in:
1. press *9
Joining a Meeting
How do I join a Zoom meeting?
You can join a meeting by clicking the meeting link or going to join.zoom.us and entering in the meeting ID. Learn more about joining a meeting.
How do I join computer/device audio?
On most devices, you can join computer/device audio by clicking Join Audio, Join with Computer Audio, or Audio to access the audio settings. Learn more about connecting your audio.
Can I Use Bluetooth Headset?
Yes, as long as the Bluetooth device is compatible with the computer or mobile device that you are using.
Do I have to have a webcam to join on Zoom?
While you are not required to have a webcam to join a Zoom Meeting or Webinar, you will not be able to transmit video of yourself. You will continue to be able to listen and speak during the meeting, share your screen, and view the webcam video of other participants.
Joining and Participating in a Webinar as an Attendee
If you are registering or joining a webinar and haven’t received an email confirmation that’s for a panelist or alternative host, you are an attendee in the webinar. As an attendee, you can mute/unmute your audio, virtually raise your hand, and send messages to others.
Note: Some attendee controls won’t be available if disabled by the host. If you have additional controls not shown here, you may be a co-host or panelist in a webinar or an attendee in a meeting.
This article covers:
- Joining a webinar by invitation link
- Manually joining a webinar
- Waiting for the host to start the webinar
- Webinar controls
- Zoom Desktop Client or Mobile App
Joining a webinar by invitation link
To join the webinar, click the link that the host provided you or that you received in the confirmation page after you registered. If the host sent a registration confirmation email, the link can also be found there.
Manually joining a webinar
- Locate the 9-digit meeting ID/webinar ID from your registration email. It may appear at the end of the phone dial-in information, or it will be in the join link, just after https://zoom.us/w/
- Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client or Mobile App.
- Click or tap Join a Meeting.
- Enter the 9-digit webinar ID, and click Join or tap Join Meeting.
- If prompted, enter your name and email address, then click Join Webinar or tap Join.
Waiting for the host to start the webinar
If the host hasn’t started broadcasting the webinar or is preparing using a practice session, you’ll receive the following message:
If you receive a message showing the date and time of the webinar, check the the date and start time of the webinar including the timezone. Make sure to join when the webinar starts.
Windows | macOS
Audio Settings (only visible if the host hasn’t granted you permission to talk): Change your audio settings. You can also click the upward arrow (^) next to change your speaker.
Unmute/Mute: If the host gives you permission, you can unmute and talk during the webinar. All participants will be able to hear you. If the host allows you to talk, you will receive a notification.
Note: You can still access the audio settings by click on the ^ arrow next to the Unmute/Mute button.
Chat: Open in-meeting chat, allowing you to send chat messages to and send a message to the host, panelists, and attendees (if permitted).
Raise Hand: Raise your hand in the webinar to indicate that you need something from the host. The host may instruct you on how they plan to use this. Many webinar hosts use this feature to know if an attendee has a question and would like to speak out loud.
Question & Answer: Open the Q&A window, allowing you to ask questions to the host and panelists. They can either reply back to you via text in the Q&A window or answer your question live.
To ask a question:
- Type your question into the Q&A box. Click Send.
Note: Check Send Anonymously if you do not want your name attached to your question in the Q&A.
- If the host replies via the Q&A, you will see a reply in the Q&A window.
The host can also answer your question live (out loud). You will see a notification in the Q&A window if the host plans to do this.
As an attendee you can also like or comment on other attendee’s questions. This helps the host or participant identify popular questions, especially in a webinar with many attendees.
- Click the thumbs up icon to like a comment.
Tip: The number beside the icon is the total number of likes the question has received so far.
- Click the red thumbs up icon to unlike a comment.
- Click Comment to write a reply to an existing question.
- Type your comment and click Send.
Your comment will appear beneath the question.
Leave meeting: Click Leave meeting to leave the webinar at any time. If you leave, you can rejoin if the webinar is still in progress, as long as the host has not locked the webinar.