Independence Lake County Park
|Winter Yoga In The Park Package||1-2 through 3-27, 2022|
|Winter Yoga In The Park 1||1-2 through 2-13, 2022|
|January Night Hike||1-7-2022|
|Winter Family Campfire Cooking||1-8-2022|
|Kids Ice Fishing Clinic||1-22-2022|
|Stargazing With Your Sweetheart||2-11-2022|
|Ice Fishing Derby||2-12-2022|
|Winter Yoga In The Park 2||2-20 through 3-27, 2022|
|February Night Hike||2-25-2022|
|March Night Hike||3-4-2022|
|Spring Fireside Storytime||3-5-2022|
|Full Worm Moon Night Hike||3-18-2022|
|March Lifeguarding Class||3-24 & 3-29,30,31, 2022|
|Spring Yoga In The Park||4-3 through 5-22, 2022|
|Disc Golf Glow Night||4-8-2022|
|Spring Bird Egg Hunt||4-9-2022|
|Frog Calling Night Hike||4-22-2022|
|Disc Golf Glow Night||5-13-2022|
|Disc Golf Glow Night||6-10-2022|
|Free Fishing Weekend||6-12-2022|
|Disc Golf Glow Night||7-8-2022|
|Special Needs Splash||7-23-2022|
|Disc Golf Glow Night||8-12-2022|
|Stargazing and Perseids||8-12-2022|
|Family Board Game Night||8-26-2022|
|Disc Golf Glow Night||9-9-2022|
|Women’s Nature Camp||9-17&18-2022|
|Red Hawk Glow Disc Golf Tournament||10-7-2022|
|Fall Fireside Story Time||10-14-2022|
|Fall Family Campfire Cooking||10-15-2022|
|Howl-o-ween Dog walk and Costume Contest||10-28-2022|
|Almost Full Moon Hike||11-4-2022|
|Full Moon Night Hike||11-18-2022|
|Yule Log Making||12-2-2022|
|Almost Solstice Night Hike||11-16-2022|
- To register for the programs in the table above go to parksonline.ewashtenaw.org.
- All programs will be under the "Nature Programs" tab.
- Each program will have a description of what the program is.
- You will need to create an online account to register for programs if you do not already have one.
- Program registration opens several weeks prior to the program date. Check the registration website for current active program registrations.
- If you have questions about the programs or registration please contact Julie at [email protected] or [email protected] or call 734-449-4437.
Independence Lake County Park offers a multitude of recreational activities for park visitors, and features diverse habitats including wetlands, prairies and great stands of oaks. The summer months feature:
The park offers a launch site for canoes, kayaks and motorized boats with ten or less horsepower (paddleboats and rowboats are available for rent).
Year Round Fun
The fun doesn't stop once the summer season is over - this park is open year round! From groomed trails for cross-country skiing to snowshoeing or ice fishing, Independence Lake has something for everyone to enjoy. Visit us soon!
Check out the Independence Lake Park brochure for more information.
Pre-arranged nature programs are available with one of the Park Naturalists.
Owned & Operated
Independence Lake County Park is owned and operated by the Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation Commission.