Independence Lake County Park Day Camp aims to provide your child with an enjoyably unique experience they will remember for years to come. Nine, one-week sessions are available and limited to 30 campers each week. All Summer day camps operated by the Washtenaw County Parks & Recreation Commission are licensed by the state of Michigan!
Please utilize the Parent Handbook linked on this page to see all policies and information for day camp.
Please keep campers home if they present any of the following Symptoms:
Fever: A child must remain home with fever equal to or > 100° F and may only return after he/she has been fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medicine such as Tylenol or Motrin.
Diarrhea/Vomiting: A child with diarrhea and/or vomiting must stay at home and may return to school only after being symptom-free for 24 hours.
Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye): Following a diagnosis of pink eye, a child may return to camp 24 hours after the first dose of prescribed medication has been administered.
Rashes: Common infectious diseases with rashes are most contagious in the early stages. A child with a suspicious rash must stay at home and may return to camp after a health care provider has made a diagnosis and authorizes the child's return to camp.
Head lice (pediculosis): Campers who have an active case of live lice may attend camp only after treatment which eliminates all live lice.
- All Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to the Park Manager or Supervisor
- 30 days or more prior to the start of camp a 75% refund will be issued
- 29 days through 7 days prior to the start of camp a 25% refund will be issued
- 6 days through 1 day prior to the start of camp a 0% refund will be issued
- No refunds will be issued the week of camp without a physician's note for illness or injury
- All transfer requests must be submitted in writing to the Park Supervisor, Coordinator or Superintendent
- Transfers will only be processed is space allows
- Transfers are not permitted after the week of camp has begun
WCPARC Camps have a zero-tolerance policy towards physical violence of any nature. Incidents involving any type of violent act will result in a meeting with camp administration, and disciplinary suspension, possibly including an expulsion from camp. I understand that my child will be expected to comply with the established guidelines for camp, which require children to refrain from using any foul language, hitting, biting, and or using threats, etc.
- Registration for 2024 will begin on March 13th at 12pm.
- Space is limited to 30 campers each week.
- Payment plans are available. if you are interested in a payment plan you will need to register through the registration form, not online.
- Credit card numbers are only accepted through Fax, Mail, In Person and Online. Do NOT email form with a credit card number on it. If a registration form is emailed, we will call to get your credit card number.
Ways to register:
- Online: Select "Day Camp" and then "Independence Lake" to choose which weeks to register for
- Fax the registration form and payment information to Independence Lake County Park at 734-449-8507
- Email the form to Ashley or Julie at [email protected]
- Register in person at the Independence Lake County Park Office
- Mail a registration form and payment to:
3200 Jennings Road
Whitmore Lake, MI 48189
Children who have completed Kindergarten through 11 years of age are welcome.
- Weekly themes that are incorporated into daily activities
- Arts and crafts for all ages and abilities daily
- Small and large group games daily
- Daily playground visits
- Boating in both paddle boats and row boats
- Weekly visits to the lake swim area for: swimming, sand castles, and water games
- Weekly visits to Blue Heron Bay
- Nature program on Wednesday's with the Park Naturalist
- Fishing from the pier on Friday's with the Park Naturalist
- Weekly Friday cookouts
- Much, Much More!
- Depending on weather, staffing and availability of equipment, kayaking and archery may also be available
- Camper Check-In 8:00 - 9:00am
- Structured Camp Activities 9:00 -5:00pm
- Camper Check-out 5:00 - 6:00pm
|1||June 10-14||$250.00 Per Child|
|2||June 17-21||$250.00 Per Child|
||$250.00 Per Child|
|4||July 1-3, 5||$200.00 Per Child|
|5||July 8-12||$250.00 Per Child|
|6||July 15-19||$250.00 Per Child|
|7||July 22-26||$250.00 Per Child|
|8||July 29-August 2||$250.00 Per Child|
|9||August 5-9||$250.00 Per Child|
|We offer a $10.00 sibling discount from
the above pricing for each addition sibling