House Rules: these will be the rules enforced should the Rec Center staff be requested to intervene.
- Reminder: this is "drop-in."
- You may choose who is on your team.
- You must be present to sign up.
- Games will be played to 25 points (must win by 2)
- Each team plays 2 games and then sits out one (except the first game of the period in which the winner stays to play the second game).
- Call your own fouls and replay a volley if a discrepancy can't be solved.
- 6 players on a team, 3 on the front row and 3 on the back row
- Maximum of three hits per side
- Player may not hit the ball twice in succession (A block is not considered a hit)
- Ball may be played off the net during a volley and on a serve
- A ball hitting a boundary line is in
- A ball is out if it hits an antennae, the floor completely outside the court,
any of the net or cables outside the antennae, the referee stand or pole,
the ceiling above a no playable area
- It is legal to contact the ball with any part of a players body
- It is illegal to catch, hold, or throw the ball
- If two or more players contact the ball at the same time, it is considered one play and either player involved may make the next contact (provided the next contact isn't the teams 4th hit)
- A player cannot block or attack a serve from on or inside the 10 foot line
- After the serve, front line players may switch positions at the net