If your Concealed Pistol License is expired for one year or less prior to the date of application you are eligible to renew it.
If your permit is expired more than one year prior to the date of application, you must follow the "re-application" process.
CPL renewal applications may be submitted online using instructions from a renewal reminder letter. These letters are issued six months prior to you CPL expiration date by the County Clerk who issued your most recent CPL. Please contact (734) 222-6730 for more information.
- Obtain an application from County Clerk/Register, local police department, Sheriff Department, or online.
- Submit completed application to County Clerk/Register. Application must be signed in the presence of a Deputy Clerk.
- You must present your State of Michigan Driver’s License or State ID.
- A background check is completed and after a letter will be sent informing applicant of approval or disqualification.
- All approved permits are sent through the mail along with the approval letter.
- If a permit is lost or stolen there is a $10 fee for replacements.
If you would prefer to renew your CPL in-person instead of online click here to schedule an appointment.
Payment Types Accepted
Cash, Check, Money Order, Credit (Visa, MasterCard & Discover, only)