Camp Big Heart was established in the summer of 1983. Many teenagers and young adults have enjoyed the program over the years and consider this program to be a wonderful contribution to the community.
Camp Big Heart is a week long day camp experience designed for 13 to 30 year old Washtenaw County teenagers and young adults with moderate cognitive impairment. Activities include:
- Group games
- Table games
On Friday, the last day of camp, we provide lunch, in the form of a summer cookout.
- Staff Ratio: 3 Campers to 1 Counselor
- Eligible for Service: 13 to 30 years old
- Fees: $30 (T-shirt is provided for camper)
- Forms Required: An application form (PDF) is available.
- Hours of Program: 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Parent Info Letter