We know trying to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine can be very frustrating right now. We’re frustrated too! We want nothing more than to vaccine everyone willing right now. There is simply not enough vaccine, and it takes time to schedule everyone.
We know some people may have enthusiastically signed up for vaccine appointments with links that were shared widely but were not intended for multiple people. We are sorry this happened and we are working to correct it. If your scheduled appointment is cancelled, you will receive an individual notice.
We hope this helps clear up some of the questions and confusion. Only people who are currently eligible should schedule an appointment (see our vaccine sign up page for more information).
Here’s how scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine should work:
- Complete the appointment request online. Or call us if you need to do it over the phone.
- If you are currently eligible, your survey will be accepted, and you will be “in line” to receive a link (or call) to register for an appointment. You will see a confirmation screen and receive an email if your survey is accepted. Check your junk or spam folder if you don’t see your confirmation email.
- IMPORTANT: It may be days or weeks before you receive a scheduling link. As of 1/13, we have given 4,382 vaccine doses and are scheduling 3,320 appointments next week. We do not have enough vaccine to immediately schedule everyone eligible.
Things to know:
- We are not currently scheduling adults 65 years and older who are patients at Michigan Medicine, Saint Joseph Mercy Health System or IHA. This is because we expect these providers to have vaccine soon. We know it is not available right now, and we apologize for the difficulty.
- We cannot currently schedule all school employees eligible. Those 50 years and older can complete the survey. Appointment links will be shared through schools and districts as they become available. This has not started yet.
- If you receive a link to schedule an appointment, please do not share it. Scheduling links are meant for the person or group who receives them, so that we can be certain an appointment is available for those prioritized first under state guidance. We are working to improve the security of links and to correct scheduling errors.
- All vaccination is by appointment only. Do NOT show up at any vaccination site without an appointment. (No doses are wasted. Do NOT show up to request an unused dose.)
- Please be patient. Our staff is focused on providing vaccinations. We are working to answer individual emails and calls as quickly as possible. Responses may be delayed.
Return to the Health Department homepage