The Washtenaw County Board of Public Works, the Office of the Water Resources Commissioner, and community partners will be sponsoring an Environmental Clean-up Day! This event provides an opportunity for residents to dispose of unwanted household items in a safe and sustainable manner.
Date: Saturday, June 9, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Northfield Township Hall, 8350 Main St., Whitmore Lake, MI
See the event flyer
What to bring
- Traditional recyclable materials (glass, cardboard, plastic, paper)
- Scrap metal
- Appliances (refrigerator, dryer, a/c unit, etc.)
- Household hazardous materials (paint, pesticides, cleaning supplies, oil, etc.)
- Electronics (TV, computer, monitor, etc.)
- Bulky household items (mattress, furniture, etc.)
- Construction and demolition waste (drywall, wood, bricks, etc.)
What not to bring
- Household garbage
- Driveway concrete/asphalt
This Clean-up Day event is free. There is a suggested $10 donation per car to help decrease disposal costs and to help maintain this community collection event. Residents can bring up to four tires for free, but a $5 donation is suggested for each additional tire. Residents can also bring one television, appliance or computer, but a $10 donation is suggested for each additional item.
Who can participate
All Washtenaw County residents are welcome and encouraged to attend. This collection is intended for residential use only– please, no businesses.
Other Clean-up Days
Three additional County Clean-up Days will be held in other communities this year, including June 30 at Lincoln High School in Augusta Township, September 29 at the Thomson Reuters office complex in the Saline area, and October 20 at Eastern Michigan University’s Rynearson Stadium in Ypsilanti.
For more information, please visit www.washtenaw.org/cleanup or call the Solid Waste Division of the Office of the Water Resources Commissioner at (734) 222-3810.