(updated August 11)
- Limited staff have returned to the workplace in staggered shifts, but the building will remain closed to the public, except by appointment. Treasury staff are providing customer service by mail, email, 24-hour drop box, fax, phone, appointment, and virtual meetings. Please call 734-222-6600 to make an appointment.
- You can make secure online delinquent property tax payments without charge – just search by your address or parcel number. There will be a payment box to click for a full or partial payment. Customers may continue to mail payments, use the 24-hour drop box, or make a payment over the phone with a credit or debit card.
- Please provide credit card information or make checks payable to Washtenaw County Treasurer and mail to PO Box 8645, Ann Arbor, 48107. The drop box is located next to the door on the Main Street entrance. Do NOT email credit card information as it is not secure. You can fax credit card information to 734-222-6632.
- ACH automatic deductions remain suspended. The new online payment system can accept partial payments.
- Dog licenses will be processed online. Dog licenses can be mailed or put in the drop box and will be processed in the order received. We are not able to process dog park permits or dog kennel licenses online at this time. Please mail or put in the drop box.
- If you need a Deed Certification that taxes are paid, the Certification can be processed more quickly by using one of the e-Recording services such as Simplifile or CSC. We can accept deeds by UPS, FedEx, mail or drop box. We process deeds in the order in which they were received.
- If you are splitting your property and need a Tax Certification, please use the form on our website. The fee is $5.00. You can mail the form and payment or you can put both in the drop box.
We appreciate your patience as we work together during these challenging times.
Please email Catherine McClary, County Treasurer, if you have questions, have difficulty paying, or need community resources.
This news alert will be updated as more information becomes available.
To sign up for text or email alerts, go to the County’s Notify Me page, scroll to News Flash, and click either the email or phone icon next to "Treasurer - News".