Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The Washtenaw County Youth Commission serves in an advisory role to provide an outlet for advocacy through diverse youth-driven leadership.
What We Do:
● Assess and explore youth issues in the community through surveys, focus groups, interviews, and town hall meeting.
● Analyze youth issues – make sense of the data we collect about area issues to develop strategies for the county to improve
● Educate youth about important issues that affect their community
● Advocate by creating recommendations for the Board of Commissioners
● Ages 13-18, youth must be within this age during the time on the Commission
● Aim for 2 representatives per district to ensure all parts of county are represented
● Must reside within Washtenaw County
Youth commissioners will meet monthly on Sundays from 1-4pm, transportation is available as needed. All youth commissioners are awarded a $25 stipend for each meeting.
Please complete this application by Thursday, May 14th.
If you would like to learn more about the youth commission, please contact Lori Roddy, [email protected], 734-214-9995, ext.226.